Seungmin Woo was a Postdoctoral researcher associate at NSSPI and a Stanton Nuclear Security Fellow (2017-2018). His research interests include nuclear security, nuclear safeguards, and nuclear waste management. He received his Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley, M.S. in Nuclear and Quantum Engineering from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), and B.A. in Nuclear Engineering from the Kyung Hee University.
- S.M. Woo, H. Kim, S.S. Chirayath, "Influence of the spatial Pu variation for evaluating the Pu content in spent nuclear fuel using Support Vector Regression", Annals of Nuclear Energy, 135 (2020).
- S.M. Woo, S.S. Chirayath, M. Fuhrmann, "Nuclear fuel reprocessing: Can pyro-processing reduce nuclear proliferation risk?", Energy Policy, 144, (2020).
- S.M. Woo, S.S. Chirayath, C. Kang, Y. Minamigawa, "Semi-empirical analysis of the spatial variation of Pu quality ratio in a reactor core for application in pyroprocessing of used nuclear fuel", Annals of Nuclear Energy, 138 (2020).
- S. Woo, S. Prasad, S. Chirayath, "Investigation of Void Formations Using Neutron Measurements in Filler Materials for Dual-Purpose Canisters", Transactions of the American Nuclear Society, 120 (2019).
- S.R. Kurbanbekov, S.M. Woo, S.S. Chirayath, "Analysis of the DPRKâ€™s Nuclear Weapons Capabilities by Estimating Its Highly Enriched Uranium Stockpile and Natural Uranium Reserves", Science and Global Security, 27, 1, (2019).
- S. Woo, H. Boo, S.S. Chirayath, and K. Jeong, "Investigations on Detecting Potential Nuclear Material Diversion from a Pyroprocessing Facility", Nuclear Technology, 205, 3 (2019).
- S.M. Woo, and S.S. Chirayath, "Evaluation of Nuclear Material Accountability by the Probability of Detection for Loss of Pu (LOPu) Scenarios in Pyroprocessing", Nuclear Engineering and Technology, 51, 1(2019).
- H. Boo, S. Woo, S. Chirayath, "Safeguards Analysis of Pyroprocessing Product Ingot Diversions Possible Through Neutron Source Substitutions", ANS Topical on Advances in Nuclear Nonproliferation Technology & Policy Conference (ANTPC), September 23-27, (2018).
- S.M. Woo, S.S. Chirayath, and M. Fratoni, "Nuclide Composition Non-uniformity in Used Nuclear Fuel for Considerations in Pyroprocessing Safeguards", Nuclear Engineering and Technology, 50, 7 (2018).
- S.M. Woo, M.S. Yim, and S.S. Chirayath, "The Cost-Benefit Analysis of the Optimal Type-I (Î±) and Type-II (Î²) Error Values for Nuclear Material Accounting and Safeguards", Progress in Nuclear Energy, 108 (2018).
- S. Woo, H. Boo, S. Chirayath, K. Jeong, M. Fuhrmann, "Investigations on Detecting Potential Nuclear Material Diversion from a Pyroprocessing Facility", presented at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington, 1-2 May 2018.
- S. Woo, "Can Pyroprocessing Reduce Proliferation Risk of a Closed Nuclear Fuel Cycle", Stanton Nuclear Security Seminar, Washington, D.C., U.S.A, 18-20 October 2017.