Heukjin Boo earned his M.S. in nuclear engineering in August of 2019. He worked with Dr. Chirayath on a project to investigate safeguards approaches for pyroprocessing facilities. Boo is an active duty Captain in the Republic of Korea Army. His previous assignments include the company commander of the 15th infantry division, the operational officer of the 35th infantry division, and the platoon leader of the 28th infantry division. He received a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Chemistry from Korea Military Academy in 2010.
- J. King, S. Chirayath, E. Aboud, V. Bautista, P. Behne, H. Boo, R. Brownfield, J. Chisholm, K. Cook, A. Edwin, H. Kistle, P. O’Neal, E. Ordonez, M. Ramirez, S. Ricketts, R. Suh, "Safety Evaluation of a Spent Fuel Dry-Storage Canister with Various Fill Materials", Transactions of the American Nuclear Society, 120 (2019).
- H. Boo, "Investigations on the Uncertainties in Plutonium to Curium-244 Ratio Method of Plutonium Accountancy in Pyroprocessing", M.S. Thesis, Nuclear Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX (2019).
- S. Woo, H. Boo, S.S. Chirayath, and K. Jeong, "Investigations on Detecting Potential Nuclear Material Diversion from a Pyroprocessing Facility", Nuclear Technology, 205, 3 (2019).
- H. Boo, S. Woo, S. Chirayath, "Safeguards Analysis of Pyroprocessing Product Ingot Diversions Possible Through Neutron Source Substitutions", ANS Topical on Advances in Nuclear Nonproliferation Technology & Policy Conference (ANTPC), September 23-27, (2018).
- S. Woo, H. Boo, S. Chirayath, K. Jeong, M. Fuhrmann, "Investigations on Detecting Potential Nuclear Material Diversion from a Pyroprocessing Facility", presented at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington, 1-2 May 2018.