Dr. Boyle serves as the Deputy Director for NSSPI and provides directions for all NSSPI research activities at TAMU. Dr. Boyle has vast expertise in nuclear weapons test monitoring and brings experience in operating a successful research center to the NSSPI team. Dr. Boyle has served as the Deputy Director of the TEES Center for Space Power and later the Director of the TEES Spacecraft Technology Center from August 1993 to August 2006. He was also appointed as a Visiting Associate Professor in the Nuclear Engineering Department from August 1993 to May 1997 teaching graduate courses in nuclear safety and probabilistic risk assessment as well as conducting research on the disposition of excess nuclear weapons material. Prior to joining Texas A&M University, Dr. Boyle was a Lt. Colonel in the US Air Force serving as the National Nuclear Weapons Stockpile Manager for the Joint Staff and as the DOD action officer on the Nuclear Weapons Council. He has also commanded teams monitoring the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty and was responsible for evaluating multi-source data from the U.S. Atomic Energy Detection System. Dr. Boyle earned a Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- A.D. Williams, A. Solodov, D.R. Boyle, A.H. Mohagheghi, P.A. Beeley, "Regional, Educational & Strategic: the Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute in Year 5", 2015 American Nuclear Society Winter Meeting, Washington, DC, November 8-12, 2015.
- Alexer Solodov, Matthew Sternat, Adam Williams, David Boyle, Amir Mohagheghi, Philip Beeley, Robert Finch, "Expanding into Research Opportunities: Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute (GNEII) in Year 4", INMM 56th Annual Meeting, Indian Wells, California, 12-16 July 2015.
- S.S. Chirayath, C.M. Folden, III, and D.R. Boyle, "Nuclear forensics analysis of separated plutonium of foreign fuel cycles (NFASP) project: assessment of unique trace elements and isotope ratios in separated plutonium from low burnup nuclear fuel", 8th DNDO-ARI Grantees Conference, University of Texas, Dallas, TX, USA, July 7-9, (2015).
- C.A. Gariazzo, K.H. Ragusa, D.R. Boyle, W.S. Charlton, S.S. Chirayath, C.M. Marianno, P. Nelson, Jr., "The Nuclear Security Science and Policy Institute at Texas A&M University", International Journal of Nuclear Security, 1, 1 (2015).
- A. Solodov, P.A. Beeley, A.D. Williams, A.H. Mohagheghi, R.J. Finch, and D.R. Boyle, "Developing the Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute for Regional Expansion", American Nuclear Society, Conference on Nuclear Training and Education (CONTE), Jacksonville, FL, February 1-4, 2015.
- S.S. Chirayath, D.R. Boyle, C.M. Folden III, "Experimental and Computational Assessment of Unique Trace Elements and Isotopes Ratios in Plutonium from Depleted Uranium Irradiated in Fast Reactor Blankets", 7th DNDO-ARI Grantees Conference, Leesburg, VA, USA, June 2014.
- R.J. Finch, A.M. Al-Madhloum, M.J. Schuller, D.R. Boyle, A.H. Mohagheghi, F. Ghanbari, A.D. Williams, and P.A. Beeley , "The Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute (GNEII) after Three Years", INMM 54th Annual Meeting, 14-18 July 2013, Palm Desert, California, USA.
- A. Williams, P.A. Beeley, B.K. Kim, M. Schuller, D.R. Boyle, A.H. Mohageghi, and F. Ghanbari., "The Genie is out of the Lamp: Results from and Expansion of the Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute (GNEII)", 53rd Annual Meeting of the Institute of Nuclear Materials Management, Orlando, Florida, 15-19 July 2012.
- P. Beeley, B.K. Kim, A. Williams, F. Ghanbari, A. Mohagheghi, D. Boyle, and M. Schuller, "A 3S Framework for Development of the Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute (GNEII)", Technical Workshop on Topical Issues on Infrastructure Development: Managing the Development of a National Infrastructure for Nuclear Power Plants Vienna, Austria, 24-27 January 2012
- William S. Charlton, David Boyle, Sunil Chirayath, David G. Ford, Claudio A. Gariazzo, Craig Marianno, Kelley Ragusa, Alexer Solodov, "Educating the Next Generation of Nuclear Safeguards and Security Experts at TAMU", GLOBAL 2011, Makuhar, Japan, December 11-16, 2011.
- A. Williams, D.R. Boyle, A. Mohagheghi, Ashley Nilsen , "Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute (GNEII) Overview and Status Update", 52nd Annual Meeting of the Institute for Nuclear Materials Management (INMM), Palm Desert, CA, July 17-21, 2011.
- W.S. Charlton, D. Boyle, S.S. Chirayath, D.G. Ford, C.A. Gariazzo, C. Marianno, K. Ragusa, A. Solodov, "Nuclear Nonproliferation and Safeguards Education at TAMU: Embracing Novel Teaching Practices", 52nd Annual Meeting of the INMM, Palm Desert, CA, July 17-21, 2011.
- W. S. Charlton, W. Bangerth, D. R. Boyle, S. S. Chirayath, G. Gaukler, C. Marianno, A. Vedlitz, "SHIELD: A Framework for Evaluating and Guiding Nuclear Detection System Development", The 4th annual Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO) Academic Research Initiative (ARI) Grantees Conference, Alexandria, Virginia, April 26-28, 2011.
- D.R. Boyle, A. Mohagheghi, K. Putnam, "Reducing Proliferation Risks Through Nuclear Energy Assistance to Developing Countries", Nonproliferation Special Section, Nuclear News, 53, 12 (2010).
- D.R. Boyle, A. H. Mohageghi, A.D. Williams, "GNEII -- Instilling Global Standards for Nuclear Safety, Security, and Safeguards in Developing Countries", 51st Annual Meeting for the Institute of Nuclear Materials Management, Baltimore, Maryland, July 11-15, 2010.
- C.M. Marianno, D.R. Boyle, W.S. Charlton, G.M. Gaukler, and A. Veditz, "A Guide for Detector Development and Deployment", 51st Annual Meeting of the Institute of Nuclear Materials and Management, Baltimore, MD, USA, July 11-15, 2010.
- A.D. Williams, A.H Mohagheghi, D.R. Boyle, P.A. Beeley, "The Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute: An Integrated Approach to Safety, Security and Safeguards", Pacific Northwest International Conference on Global Nuclear Security – the Decade Ahead, Portland, OR, April 2010.
- D. Boyle, A. Mohagheghi, A. Williams, P. Beeley, "The Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute: A Partnership for Human Resource Development", IAEA International Conference on Human Resource Development for Introducing and Expanding Nuclear Power Programmes, Abu Dhabi, UAE, March 14-18, 2010.
- D. Boyle, A. Mohagheghi, A. Williams, D. Ford, "Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute (GNEII): White Paper", Sandia Report, SAND2010-1586, March 2010.
- P. Nelson, D.R. Boyle, "Flawed India Pact Opposition", Washington Times September 29, 2008.
- D. Boyle, P. Nelson, W. Miller, "U.S.-India Nuclear Alert", The Washington Times, 15 July 2007.